Did you know that the average woman’s purse weighs between 7 and 10 pounds?! Yes, it’s true. So why not use it to our advantage ladies. Today we’re talking about an exercise from exercise everywhere called the “Purse Curl.” It’s the exercise we used to call a “Bicep Curl” back in the days when we went to the gym and it is an easy and convenient exercise to do almost every day.
Scroll down to read more about the “Purse Curl.”
4 Easy Steps:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Hold your purse in your hand the same way you would hold a free eight if you were going to do a bicep curl. Keep your elbow close or against your hip and let your arm hang.
- Slowly lift your purse up keeping your elbow in place until your arm comes all the way up.
- Slowly move your arm back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many times as you have time for, ideally 15 times and doing 2 to 3 sets on each side.
- Remember to switch arms since this only works out one side at a time.
- Concentrate on flexing your bicep muscle. This will “work it” more.
- Hold your purse in the up position for 3 seconds before moving back down.
- Do your reps slowly.
- Don’t swing your purse. If you do, then momentum does the work for you and you will not get the full benefit.
- For an added boost, do a squat at the same time or balance on one leg.
The Amazing Toning Benefits of The “Purse Curl” –
- The Purse Curl, just like a bicep curl, increases your upper body strength and creates definition in the bicep muscle. (Sexy!)